Dr. Douglas L. Mann, one of the foremost experts in the field, presents the 2nd Edition of Heart Failure: A Companion to Braunwald’s Heart Disease. This completely reworked edition covers the scientific and clinical guidance you need to effectively manage your patients and captures the dramatic advances made in the field over the last five years. Now in full color, this edition features eleven new chapters, including advanced cardiac imaging techniques, use of biomarkers, cell-based therapies and tissue engineering, device therapies, and much more.
- Consult this title on your favorite e-reader, conduct rapid searches, and adjust font sizes for optimal readability. Compatible with Kindle®, nook®, and other popular devices.
- Use this Braunwald’s companion as the definitive source to prepare for the ABIM’s new Heart Failure board exam.
- Access the fully searchable contents of the book online at Expert Consult.
This edition includes 67 new authors, who are experts in the field of heart failure
- Stay on the cutting edge with new chapters on:
- The latest practice guidelines for medical and device therapy
- Hemodynamic assessment of heart failure
- Contemporary medical therapy for heart failure patients with reduced and preserved ejection fraction
- Biomarkers in heart failure
- Pulmonary hypertension
- Management of co-morbidities in heart failure
- Mechanical cardiac support devices
- Get up to speed with the latest clinical trials, as well as how they have influenced current practice guidelines
- Explore what’s changing in key areas such as basic mechanisms of heart failure, genetic screening, cell and gene therapies, pulmonary hypertension, heart failure prevention, co-morbid conditions, telemedicine/remote monitoring, and palliative care
Please Sig up/Log in to DOWNLOAD